Saturday, July 24, 2010

Today's fun ride of sugar levels

Today was a long day; I do not know any better way to say it. This morning started out fairly well my blood sugar was 154mg/dl (8.5 mmol/l), I felt great even though this is still higher than my morning “goal” of 115 mg/dl (6.38 mmol/l). We took a trip over to our local farmers market to look at fresh fruits and vegetables, sat in the Explorer for about 20 minutes as the rain came down so hard we could not see. Once it was over we walked the market and found not a lot to be honest today but did find a nice bunch of Blueberries. From the market we headed for the pharmacy to pick up all my medications as it was time to renew all of the scripts.

Did anyone notice anything above that I left out? No, well that is only due to the fact you are still learning about me. You read yesterday about my daily medication regimen and well today is no different; however, I did not eat breakfast this morning with my pills and shots. So this dumb oaf of a diabetic who knows better starts to bottom out while we are driving around. Meredith got us home in time for me to get some sugar into my system. So by now I am running a 74 mg/dl (4.1 mmol/l) and I felt like my world was spinning way out of control. Ok I have food and I have work to do.

It is 17:00 and I am well on my way into making Zucchini Bread and dinner for tonight. Upon sitting down for dinner I found that my blood sugar was now 365 mg/dl (20.27 mmol/l). Talk about a major jump in monitoring; what was really weird is that where would you should feel some sort of issue, but I felt nothing out of the normal for this.

It is 19:30 and I have once again dropped, the current blood sugar is 94 mg/dl (5.2 mmol/l) and I am not feeling good. My body is shaking and I am starting to get confused on easy subjects. We had friends over this evening and I am having a mini blood sugar fit in front of them, I felt like a freaking idiot. Hey look at the guy who can’t keep his sugar level in check.

Now my day is over and I am heading to bed as soon as I post this message tonight. My mind has a massive headache from the amusement park trip my blood sugar did today. If there is anything positive to come from this day it is that I was pretty much pain free for the day. Tomorrow will be a new day in this life, I hope that you all will follow me through the day.

For now I bid you all good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment